A Health Check offers you the opportunity to get an unbiased assessment of your Qlik environment, learn best practices from our experts, see newest Qlik features and improve the Qlik skills of your staff.
We will help you fix ETL and data architecture, performance and scalability issues, optimize your licenses, improve your BI governance and much more.
• Analyze app logs to identify script sections with longest reload time.
• Review QVD usage in ETL process (incremental load on largest factual tables).
• Review star schema data model implementation.
• Review key usage (no synthetic keys, generating numeric keys as needed, hiding on UI).
• Determine unused fields past transformation stage for removal.
• Determine unnecessary timestamps from date fields to reduce memory footprint.
• Review reusing transformed data QVDs across apps.
• Ensure optimal data types are being used by QlikView/Qlik Sense optimize memory footprint.
• Evaluate QlikView / Qlik Sense Server resource allocation based on currently used applications, number of current users and use patterns.
• Determine QlikView Server performance bottlenecks by reviewing QV applications load time.
• Determine best ways to optimize and chain dependent application reloads.
• Document user access to QV applications.
• Review procedure for migration from DEV to PROD and make suggestions as needed.
• Review procedures for source control, backup, change logs and make suggestions as needed.
• Evaluate current file and folder structure and make suggestions as needed.
• Evaluate current license usage statistics to optimize allocation.
Analyze expressions and recommend optimizations as applicable (i.e. removal of nested if-statements, usage of set analysis and alternate states etc.).
• Review usage of calculated dimensions and make recommendations for improvement.
• Review any existing variable externalization.
• Compile list of most used objects and make suggestions for improving performance.
• Review objects with longest calculation times and make suggestions for improving performance.
• Provide a time of day application usage heatmap.
• Suggest UX/UI improvements, standardization and consistent corporate identity elements.
Contact us today to discuss how we can conduct a review of your Qlik environment.